Welcome to the Club's Corner
Welcome to your Shire's Club Development page!
Your Club Development Officer Kirsten Perrin is here to provide support to local sport and recreation clubs in their short and long-term development. Kirsten will provide clubs with:
- Regular club development information;
- Relevant club development training, education, information workshops/programs and opportunities;
- Assist clubs to improve their governance and management practices through development of club plans, policies and procedures; and
- Funding Opportunities.
Click here for the latest Clublink Newsletter.
Also if you have athletes 13 - 21 yrs who are travelling to represent the region, state or nation, click here for the Athlete Travel Subsidy Guidelines.
Please feel free to contact Kirsten if you have any questions. Kirsten's contact details are:
Club Development Officer
Servicing the Shires of Plantagenet, Denmark & Cranbrook
PO Box 48
Mount Barker WA 6324
Ph: 08 9892 1105 Mob: 0428 036 238
Fax: 08 9892 1100
The Shire of Plantagenet has registered with the Department of Sport and Recreation to provide KidSport for our Shire. KidSport will enable eligible families to access up to $150.00 per child per year to cover club membership fees, getting more children into sport and supporting the future of local sporting clubs. Recent changes to the KidSport program in 2018 include:
- The total funding available per KidSport child in a calendar year is now $150.
- All approved vouchers now have a 90 day expiry from time of approval. Expired vouchers can be reapplied for by the applicant if in the appropriate calendar year.
- Sport and Recreation (WA) is trialing direct payment to clubs for 76 local government areas across the state.
- Key changes to club eligibility (current clubs have until 30 November 2018 to comply with the new eligibility criteria).
The criteria for becoming a KidSport kid are:
- You must be aged 5 to 18 years.
- You must be named on a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, with your individual Centrelink Client Reference Number (CRN) clearly displayed on the uploaded card.
- Applicants not listed on a valid concession card need to meet one of the new KidSport Financial Exceptions. If you meet an exception you can apply for KidSport through a KidSport Financial Assessor.
- Your primary place of residense must be in the Shire of Plantagenet.
- Registration must be for a KidSport approved club. Search through Find a Club.
By becoming a KidSport Kid, you will join 24,000 other KidSport participants across the State!
Applicants can apply online
through the Sport and Recreation website.
Information for clubs
To be an eligible KidSport club, a club needs to deliver a recognised sport and be either a community sport club, incorporated organisation, business, school or Parents and Citizens Association that meet the mandatory criteria.
All new clubs seeking recognition as a KidSport club are required to meet the club eligibility criteria, effective from 1 January 2018.
The eligibility criteria and FAQ's can be located on the
If you would like some support from the Club Development Officer about KidSport or other club related matter, please don't hesitate to contact Kirsten.
The Club Development Officer services the Shire's of Cranbrook, Denmark and Plantagenet and is supported by the Department of Sport and Recreation and Lotterywest.