Welcome to the Club's Corner
Welcome to your Shire's Club Development page!
Your Club Development Officer Nicole Selesnew is here to provide support to local sport and recreation clubs in their short and long-term development. Nicole will provide clubs with:
- Regular club development information;
- Relevant club development training, education, information workshops/programs and opportunities;
- Assist clubs to improve their governance and management practices through development of club plans, policies and procedures; and
- Funding Opportunities.
Click here for the latest Clublink Newsletter.
Click here for the guidelines to receive a "one off" $500 for your club to spend on equipment - it's an easy online application.
Also if you have athletes 13 - 21 yrs who are travelling to represent the region, state or nation, click here for the Athlete Travel Subsidy Guidelines.
Please feel free to contact Nicole if you have any questions. Nicole's contact details are:
Club Development Officer
Servicing the Shires of Plantagenet, Denmark & Cranbrook
PO Box 48
Mount Barker WA 6324
Ph: 08 9892 1105 Mob: 0428 036 238
Fax: 08 9892 1100
The Shire of Plantagenet has registered with the Department of Sport and Recreation to provide Kidsport for our Shire.
KidSport will enable eligible families to access up to $200.00 per child per year to cover club membership fees; getting more children into sport and supporting the future of local sporting clubs. The criteria for becoming a Kidsport kid are:
- you must be aged between 5 - 18 years;
- you must have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, or be referred by a referral agent (the Shire can assist you identify who the referral agents are); and
- your primary place of residence must be in the Shire of Plantagenet.
By becoming a Kidsport Kid, you will join 24,000 other Kidsport participants across the State!
A Kidsport application voucher can be downloaded on the following link:
More information can be found on the ClubsOnline website clubsonline.dsr.wa.gov.au
An online registration form is also available on the following link:
Sporting clubs that would like to become a Kidsport Club can complete an online registration process. The following is a step by step of how Clubs register online for Kidsport
A few tips on the new system:
- Location - This is an open field, so the more accurate and informed information the better. If a club wants to put where they train, or where the main competition is held it will help then in the search.
- Registration Fee - The registration fee should be the total fee they pay to the club. It would be easier if it is separated into age groups, not year group or competition split. ClubsOnline will mark in the form this for clubs.
- Uniform and equipment fees should be items that are necessary (must be purchased in order to participate) and only items purchased through the club. If clubs have nothing they can’t leave blank so mark N/A.
For more information, or if you would like to arrange a time to further discuss the KidSport initiative, please contact the Shire's Club Development Officer on 9892 1105 or mobile 0428 036 238.
The State government through the Department of Sport and Recreation is a major supporter of KidSport in Western Australia.
2017 - Club Business Workshop (Dates to be confirmed). The Club Business Workshop will assist clubs to improve their internal procedures. The aim is to help club committees to run more efficiently, meet new and existing legislative requirements and help volunteers with their roles.
If you have any dates for the calendar, suggestions for training, or would like some support from the Club Development Officer, please don't hesitate to contact Nicole.
The Club Development Officer services the Shire's of Cranbrook, Denmark and Plantagenet and is supported by the Department of Sport and Recreation and Lotterywest.